[mythtv-users] mythtranscode eats part of my recordings

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Nov 30 19:38:59 UTC 2007


On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 06:23:37PM -0800, John Westlund wrote:
> So I've tried binaries/SO's from ATRPMs 0.20.2-169, 0.20.2-166.  Both fail
> in the same way.  I've also tried binaries/SO's built straight from SVN both
> head, revision 14618 (which I think 0.20.2-166 is built against), and the
> bleeding ATRPMs - and those work... with the DB errors

just to clarify: the 0.20.2-xxx are not built against svn *head* (or trunk),
revision 14618, but the svn fixes branch.

> Only briefly looked at modifying the libmyth source from SVN for an SVN
> mythtranscode that finds the right tables/columns in my database - haven't
> figured all the mappings out.  Not sure I want to update to SVN or
> bleeding..... I'm just not that brave.

The error with the database means that you only seem to have a partial 0.21
mythtv setup, as it otherwise ensures that the database schema is upgraded and
thus no missing fields are displayed. I'd backup the database in case it gets
half-upgraded and then maybe you can't go back to 0.20.x. Then I would test a
full 0.21 upgrade to the bleeding packages. It should rectify your database
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20071130/d3a8b4d4/attachment.pgp 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list