[mythtv-users] pvr-500 strange lines

JJ ve1jot at eastlink.ca
Thu Nov 29 13:55:31 UTC 2007

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> [...]
Attach a wire to the computer case and run it (as short as possible) to
the case of the other unit....and yes, I *highly* recommend
using a good UPS on both, not just for ground issues, but for possible
voltage spikes/drops and even power outages...linux is a lot
more forgiving of resets than it used to be (journalled file system),
but you'd be amazed at how "dirty" the A.C. lines are here in
Nova Scotia...my UPS catches about 20 events daily such as low voltage
<110, power bumps, and I also get a spike up to
130 volts every morning around 7:00 A.M.....
Cheers,
John
ve1jot