[mythtv-users] pvr-500 strange lines

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Nov 28 17:33:05 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of JJ
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:42 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] pvr-500 strange lines

(snipp)
Looks exactly like a ground voltage difference in the two units, can you
possibly
ground the computer case to the unit, that *should* eliminate your shock
potential between them, and possibly clear up those 60-cycle bars in
your video
    I've had these issues before also, especially on my long 50-foot run of
s-video cable, hum bars in my video, grounded both systems to each other and
my video cleaned up! HTH Cheers, John

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:29 PM

Hello, and thanks for the replies. I had no idea is was a bad idea to send
an attachment. Sorry about that one. How do I go about grounding them? As
far as I know, the house is grounded already? I've been thinking of getting
a battery backup incase of power spikes. If I plug both the computer and the
cable box into that, do you think that would ground them? Could that fix my
problem?
-Thanks
-Steve

Checked by AVG Free Edition.