[mythtv-users] DVB-T Tuner

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Wed Nov 28 11:25:16 UTC 2007

KH Chai wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a WinTV-HVR-900 DVB-T tuner card, that I have been trying to get
> it working on MythDora 4.0.  No luck so far, only a big headache for the
> past 2 weeks.  I have an EPIA EX15000 system setup specifically for
> viewing DVB-T.  MythTV is able to detect the tuner, but fail to scan any
> available channels.  I even tried connecting the tuner through a DVB-T
> modulator by feeding it some recorded TS stream.  It just couldn’t
> detect the channels.  MythTV is pretty much installed with MythDora, so
> I didn’t do much on the installation.  All I did  is follow through
> configuration wizard.  Also, the remote control is not working either.
> However, I manage to get the tuner working on my laptop running
> Windows.  I started to think it’s the driver issue.  Anyone has ever
> work on this issue before?

AFAIK, the HVR-900 is not "officially" supported under linux (not by the

Someone ist maintaining a driver, but it seems that that person has a clash
with the developpers of the dvb-stuff in the kernel.

Here the link to the wiki about the driver, where you can find plenty of

I own one of these devices, and when I tryed to get it working, it
conflicted with the ivtv drivers (on Ubuntu 6.06), so be careful.