[mythtv-users] nvidia module won't load

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:46:17 UTC 2007

nowhere at cox.net wrote:
>> I took a quick peek at what was available at freshrpms and the current
>> build for F7 and F8 is 9639, however, I assume you have a specific
>> reason to believe support for your device was ended after 9631. If you
>> really have to have 9631 it is still available in the FC6 repo. It will
>> probably still work even if you're running F7 or 8.
> Thanks Richard,
> No dice on the 100 drivers. I see in freshrpms what you are talking about. Aside from dl'ing the rpm and trying to rpm install it I don't know how to install the drivers if they are not in the fc7 repo. Any help?
> These drivers were in the repos for fc7 when I installed the system a couple months ago.  Why would they remove it now?
> Thanks so far!
> Eric
I would try DL'ing the FC6 package and manually installing it (example:
rpm -ivh nvidia-x11-drv-96xx) I would do this over downloading the
driver from Nvidia because the freshrpms package will re-compile
automatically with kernel updates.  Using the driver from nvidia you'll
have to re-compile manually.