[mythtv-users] Deleting Tuner Cards from mythtv-setup

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Nov 18 00:09:17 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> I'd do it Brian's way, though.  It's much easier to do it right the
> first time, and the only way to know that it's right is to do a "Delete
> all capture cards" and re-create them all and re-connect inputs to video
> sources.  The only way to know it's not right is to wait until a
> failure, so if you don't want a failure... :)
I've got one of  those half-screwed up setups.

I've deleted tuners but no joy.

The problem lies in cardinput:

LOCK TABLES `cardinput` WRITE;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `cardinput` DISABLE KEYS */;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `cardinput` ENABLE KEYS */;

That first entry is bogus.

How do I delete it (short of hand-editing the database and dumping it back)?