[mythtv-users] Deleting Tuner Cards from mythtv-setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 17 22:31:08 UTC 2007

On 11/17/2007 05:21 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>
>> I'm probably missing something *really* obviously - but is there no way
>> to delete individual tuners in mythtv-setup? the only options I can see
>> deletes them all.
>>
> I have discovered that deleting all of them is usually the best answer,
> as you will almost certainly want to re-number them if you change your
> configuration.
>
> Even with 4 cards it takes just 2 or 3 minutes to put them back.

But, if you prefer, you can hit d to delete (as you do in /every/ other
part of Myth) an individual card.  Then, you'll find that things don't
work right, you may miss some recordings, or ... and you'll then ask
why.  Eventually I (or someone else) will reply saying your
configuration is now broken and you need to do a "Delete all capture
cards" (and potentially a "Delete all video sources") as described at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .  :)

I'd do it Brian's way, though.  It's much easier to do it right the
first time, and the only way to know that it's right is to do a "Delete
all capture cards" and re-create them all and re-connect inputs to video
sources.  The only way to know it's not right is to wait until a
failure, so if you don't want a failure... :)

Mike