[mythtv-users] Frontend will not connect to remote backend

King, Josh M kingjos at uwstout.edu
Thu Nov 15 03:54:54 UTC 2007

What is Qt-mysql?

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Remco Treffkorn
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:38 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Frontend will not connect to remote backend

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, King, Josh M wrote:
> Ok so I have a standalone frontend machine that i'm trying to have
> connect to my masterbackend but am having no luck what soever with
> issue. I have already configured the backend to to allow external
> to mythbackend and the mysql server so i know thats not the problem.
> Here is the content of /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log

On Fedora qt-MySQL is neede for the frontend to be able to connect to
backend. If it's not there, I get exactly the same error messages you
get. I
don't know why qt-MySQL is not REQUIRED by the frontend rpm, but it is

In this case the error message in the frontend log is very misleading...

Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
remco at rvt.com   (831) 685-1201

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org