[mythtv-users] Frontend will not connect to remote backend

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Thu Nov 15 03:38:02 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, King, Josh M wrote:
> Ok so I have a standalone frontend machine that i'm trying to have
> connect to my masterbackend but am having no luck what soever with this
> issue. I have already configured the backend to to allow external access
> to mythbackend and the mysql server so i know thats not the problem.
> Here is the content of /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log

On Fedora qt-MySQL is neede for the frontend to be able to connect to the
backend. If it's not there, I get exactly the same error messages you get. I
don't know why qt-MySQL is not REQUIRED by the frontend rpm, but it is not.

In this case the error message in the frontend log is very misleading...

Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
remco at rvt.com   (831) 685-1201