[mythtv-users] Best Linux for MythTV

Arpotu arpotu at apathynews.com
Mon Nov 12 03:48:03 UTC 2007

Hey all, it's me again.

As I look around for a good linux distro to build MythTV on, I find that
some support it better than others.  Is there a "best Linux" for MythTV?
I suspect this is a somewhat political question, as one can "make it work"
for most distros.  I've tried it on Ubuntu, which is iffy - and I've heard
it works on Fedora, but does it (easily) work with CentOS or RHEL?  Pure
Debian?  Mandriva?  Knoppix?  Is it better, in general, to use precompiled
packages or does MythTV work better compiled from scratch?

Thanks again,
Arpotu.