[mythtv-users] Mysteriously missing SD data

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:37:22 UTC 2007

On 11/7/07, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:

> Did anyone else notice that they lost all their SD data on Sunday?
> My grabber ran a little after noon GMT (I'm in the US, but this way
> others know what time I'm talking about irrespective of timezones),
> and I noticed a few hours later that everything* in my entire program
> grid was NO DATA -except- for the Paid Programming slots (go figure!).

I didn't notice it Sunday, but now you've got me worried... At around
midnight Eastern time last night I was getting ready for bed and
happened to notice MythWelcome said the next recording was on
Thursday. I thought it odd that I didn't have anything scheduled for
Wednesday, but didn't think too much of it... then I suddenly
remembered that I had specifically scheduled Oprah to record today (my
girlfriend, who is a Naturopathic Doctor, said there is supposed to be
a segment on homeopathy or something). So I checked the Upcoming
Recordings and found that Oprah was stated as "Not Listed." So I
checked the Guide and saw what you described: a whole lot of NO DATA.
I reran mfdb manually and it repopulated everything, fortunately.

But now I wonder just what I've missed in the last few days. We've not
been watching much in the last week or so, due to a family emergency.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent