[mythtv-users] Comcast Fall attack

coffee177 coffee177 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 6 21:24:44 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 09:08 -0700, Brett Kosinski wrote:
> > Now, Ive got an analog tuner (pvr150) and Ill probably be switching
> > soon. We are kinda limited here in Indiana. Wondering what my options
> > are?
>
> Get a digital settop box and drive it with an IR blaster (they cost
> ~$20 from irblaster.info).  I'm using that set up on my system and it
> works like a charm, and gives me full access to my entire channel
> lineup.  Never missed a tune, either.
>
> Brett.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the advice. Actually, Thanks everyone for all the advice and

I went down to the local comcast office and spent about 20 minutes
talking to a lady that had no clue in the world. But I was able to get a
look at the digital box they offer. Its a Motorola DTC700/US. This thing
has an output for the vcr but they said you can only record what you are
watching. I looked at her and asked her how many shows does she record
that she is currently watching? She gave me a dirty look.

Im under the opinion right now that as long as I have something like the
roadrunner hooked to the cable I can watch pretty much capture all the
channels on their "Basic Plus Expanded" package for digital. Im not sure
Im right on this. I couldnt find anyone there to verify this. Was kinda
a worthless trip except I got to see the digital converter box.

So, Anyways what digital set top box do you have? Supplied by comcast?

Hummmm. Need more input on this one.

Thanks Brett