[mythtv-users] "kernel: cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!"

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 16:26:49 UTC 2007

On 11/3/07, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
> A small update:
> Since I added /dev/dvd to IgnoreDevices, MythTV is not able to eject
> media.  It just says "No devices to eject"...
I did not add it to the IgnoreDevices but the last time I burned a DVD
I got the same error:

Max brk space used 0
2246581 extents written (4387 MB)
/dev/dvd: flushing cache
/dev/dvd: closing track
/dev/dvd: closing disc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 4659, in main
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 4464,
in processJob
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 2183,
    r = ioctl(f,CDROM.CDROMEJECT, 0)
IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

The interesting thing about this is I have ran MythArchive 10 to 20
times in the last day or two without this happening...