[mythtv-users] MythDora install

Gary Jones garysj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 03:45:40 UTC 2007

A couple of questions regarding a fresh install of MythDora 4.0. First,
after a lot of trouble getting the installation to run (bad image? bad disk?
not enough oomph in my PSU now that I upgraded some hardware?), I am getting
stuck on the screen where it asks if I want to run as a complete
frontend/backend, just frontend, etc. No matter what I select, it just
brings up this screen again, and I can't seem to get around it to do a
manual MythTV install either. I'd hate to start over again on this process
because of the problems my install process has been giving me, so any ideas
of what I can do instead since I'm so close to being up and running?

Second, once I get this installed, I know I can use the OS's add/remove
programs utility to install the SD-compliant version of MythTV, but it
doesn't upgrade the plugins. I assume there is a better way to remove the
older version of MythTV and install the new one and the plugins, but as a
MythTV-only linux user, I'm at a bit of a loss. If someone could step me
through that process, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. While the volume of this list is a bit much for me to a
be a regular reader, I have found it to be an invaluable resource in the
past.

Gary Jones