[mythtv-users] Migrating RAID

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sat Nov 3 09:16:53 UTC 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 19:22, Yan Seiner wrote:

> I am bringing up a new server which will have 6x400GB SATA drives for
> data.  I plan to allocate all of it to myth.  The OS lives on SCSI
> drives.

The reshaping stuff works well - you need a fairly recent mdadm and
kernel (in particular for raid6 reshaping).

With 6 drives I'd recommend you at least consider raid6 instead of
raid5.   One of your drives will fail and a rebuild is a great way to
"test" all the drives and find a second failure ...

   - ask