[mythtv-users] Deinterlace stopped working in latest SVN trunk

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Wed May 30 16:52:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:21:38PM +1000, Matt Doran wrote:
> Brad Templeton wrote:
> > I decided to upgrade to the lastest SVN trunk after about 6 months
> > from the last one (also a .21 but protocol 32) and now I find
> > my deinterlace is not operating, no matter whether I set it to bob,
> > linear blend or kernel.   It was bob before and worked.  No error message
> > (on the system in question) about not having enough framerate for bob,
> > or any other diagnostic.
> >
> > This is on 1080i content being sent to a 720p screen.
> >
> > Don't see anything about deinterlace in the change logs -- did something
> > change recently regarding this?
> >

> I recently got this working.  It's a bit tricky.  I don't know what has
> changed, because I've only tried to get bob working since using trunk.
>
> It's worth running your frontend with verbose playback logging (e.g.
> mythfrontend -v playback).  This should give you information about why
> bob deinterlacing isn't working.
>
> You might want to look at the recent thread: "Bob deinterlacing drops
> frames, but not high CPU".   A couple of friendly people explained what
> I was missing and how to get it working.   It ended up being due to not
> having my refresh rate high enough.

I will dig at it further but note that all forms of deint appear to not
be working, and bob was working fine before -- my refresh rate has not
changed and my CPU (P4-3ghz) has always been adequate before.

On my flat panel upstairs, bob doesn't work but it gives a diagnostic
that the frame rate is not high enough, as is expected on large flat
panels.