[mythtv-users] Deinterlace stopped working in latest SVN trunk

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Wed May 30 07:21:38 UTC 2007

Brad Templeton wrote:
> I decided to upgrade to the lastest SVN trunk after about 6 months
> from the last one (also a .21 but protocol 32) and now I find
> my deinterlace is not operating, no matter whether I set it to bob,
> linear blend or kernel.   It was bob before and worked.  No error message
> (on the system in question) about not having enough framerate for bob,
> or any other diagnostic.
>
> This is on 1080i content being sent to a 720p screen.
>
> Don't see anything about deinterlace in the change logs -- did something
> change recently regarding this?

I recently got this working.  It's a bit tricky.  I don't know what has
changed, because I've only tried to get bob working since using trunk.

It's worth running your frontend with verbose playback logging (e.g.
mythfrontend -v playback).  This should give you information about why
bob deinterlacing isn't working.

You might want to look at the recent thread: "Bob deinterlacing drops
frames, but not high CPU".   A couple of friendly people explained what
I was missing and how to get it working.   It ended up being due to not
having my refresh rate high enough.

Cheers,
Matt