[mythtv-users] OSD glitch - starts as 4:3 and corrects to 16:9

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Sat May 26 22:39:07 UTC 2007

On 26/05/07, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/26/07, James Buckley <xanium4332 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > The solution is in the mythtv-vid branch. The OSD is layered afterwards,
> > keeping it at the maximum resolution all the time. It's done using
> OpenGL
>
> James - did you try this out and get it working OK?
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

No not yet, my new card hasn't arrived yet. I know I'm preaching about
something *highly* experimental, but I thought I might just make people
aware (as I think it's one of the most important myth improvements in a
_long_ time). The wrong card was initially delivered, and I'm under strict
orders from my parents (I'm only 16) not to do anything with the 'box
underneath the TV' until after my GCSEs, which end in a couple of weeks. I
will try to sneak in some testing on my laptop (which has working radeon
drivers), but the performance may be a bit low!

James