[mythtv-users] deinterlacing and non-smooth playback at 1080i

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sat May 26 12:42:53 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 08:56:43AM +0100, Mark Kendall wrote:
>
> All right. I was able to compile and install 8776 with that patch you pointed
> out.  I then modified my .nvidia-settings-rc files and turned off
> 0/SyncToVBlank and 0/XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank.  Started X.  Ran
> nvidia-settings --load-config-only.  Ran myth frontend.  Selected a
> 1080i recording...and I get 1-2 seconds of sound, a black screen, and
> then it hangs (I presume).

Seth

I've attached my xorg.conf in case it gives any pointers. I've not
seen what you describe in some time - am starting to wonder whether
it's down to the card model as well. The 7xxx series (I think) and
above actually use opengl to render xv - so you may only see certain
xv bugs on certain models.

Otherwise, there may be something that daniel has changed wtih xv
rendering in the mythtv-vid branch, so probably worth trying that
build as well.

Mark