[mythtv-users] deinterlacing and non-smooth playback at 1080i

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Thu May 24 04:29:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 08:56:43AM +0100, Mark Kendall wrote:
[...snip...]
> Seth
[...snip...]
> Your best bet is probably to try and get 8776 installed. Xvideo should
> work if you disable xvideo sync to vblank.

All right. I was able to compile and install 8776 with that patch you pointed
out.  I then modified my .nvidia-settings-rc files and turned off
0/SyncToVBlank and 0/XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank.  Started X.  Ran
nvidia-settings --load-config-only.  Ran myth frontend.  Selected a
1080i recording...and I get 1-2 seconds of sound, a black screen, and
then it hangs (I presume).

Am I doing something wrong?

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
When I was little, I went into a pet shop and they asked how big I'd get.