[mythtv-users] Playstation 3 / FW 1.80 /uPnP

Neil Crane neilcrane at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:38:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've just got firmware 1.8 for the PS3, and I'm trying to stream media
from MythTV (latest SVN, as of this morning).

Basically, I can't play audio (every track is listed as 'Unsupported
Data', if I recall correctly - I'm not at the PS3). Also, while I can
play video, no metadata is used, just the filename (it's kind of hard
to work out what each file is), and I can't fast forward or rewind.

I was wondering, therefore, if this is a PS3 or MythTV problem
(Windows Media Connect served audio, for example, is seen and plays
fine), and if anyone else was seeing this? Is MythTV capable of
allowing ff/rew functionality over uPnP, and serving up metadata for
videos?

Thanks,

Neil