[mythtv-users] Live TV fine, recordings skip

John Overchuk overchuk at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 03:18:10 UTC 2007

This problem is driving me nuts.  I have re-installed the client at least 8
times.  Knoppmyth, ubuntu, MythDora, etc.  I have tried trunk and fixes
versions.  I have re-installed the server a number of times.  No matter what
I do, I can "watch live" HDTV fine (I realize its recorded), but anytime I
go to "watch recordings" and watch the SAME program, it skips every few
seconds with pre-buffer pauses.  It has nothing to do with any other
recordings or jobs being run on the backend.  Even with that box totally
idle, I get pauses on the frontend.  However, I never get any pauses when I
am "watching live".  Any idea what could be different about the two methods
of viewing?  I realize they are both just playing back a file on the
backend, so everything should work the same.  However, I assure you, it does
not...