[mythtv-users] Analyzing why Myth didn't record Office season finale

Al B. brekkal at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:02:27 UTC 2007

>The problem is the "Find one weekly" setting.  This is why I never use that
setting.  The "find one weekly" setting >assumes that the showing you have
highlighted is in the time slot for the first showing of new episodes.  And
it >thinks that every other showing for the next week is a rerun of the new
episode.  The season finale of the Office >started a half hour early.  This
half hour placed the finale episode inside the same week as last week's
episode.  >Last week's episode was already recorded.  So MythTV assumed that
this was simply a rerun of last week's >episode and decided not to record.

Wow, that's not good.  But the explanation makes sense - I forgot that it
was a 1/2 hour earlier than normal.  I've always used "Find one Weekly" as I
thought it was a better (safer) option than "Record in this timeslot every
week."  (that option would have failed too)

So is the answer to just use one of the "record all" options, and then count
on the duplicate policy to avoid recording re-runs??  Is that what you do?
Thanks for the help!