[mythtv-users] Analyzing why Myth didn't record Office season finale

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:29:40 UTC 2007

On 5/21/07, Al B. <brekkal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I immediately went into the program guide, backed up a few hours to
> 7:30pm, and highlighted the Office listing.  It had a big "F" on it, which
> said "Find weekly - previously recorded."  When I drilled into the listing
> further, it stated: "This showing was not recorded because this episode
> was previously recorded according to the duplicate policy chosen for this
> title."
>
> Alex

The problem is the "Find one weekly" setting.  This is why I never use that
setting.  The "find one weekly" setting assumes that the showing you have
highlighted is in the time slot for the first showing of new episodes.  And
it thinks that every other showing for the next week is a rerun of the new
episode.  The season finale of the Office started a half hour early.  This
half hour placed the finale episode inside the same week as last week's
episode.  Last week's episode was already recorded.  So MythTV assumed that
this was simply a rerun of last week's episode and decided not to record.