[mythtv-users] Freezing..

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Fri May 18 23:35:14 UTC 2007

Do have this somewhere before mythbackend starts up?

sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=1048576

S.

Mitch Gore wrote:
> well i have started using gdb to start debugging.  While doing so i
> have noticed some interesting behavior.
>
> When watching live tv i am getting a ton of
>
> NVP: prebuffering wait timed out 10 times.
>
> They really show up when ever the OSD is on screen.  Then when it goes
> away its fine for some random period of time.  The all the sudden the
> will come back and freeze liveTV.  If i esc and start liveTV over
> again it works.  This only occurs on the HDHomeRun.
>
> What is causing the pre-buffering?
>
> Some specs on my system:
> Intel p4 3.4Ghz
> 512RAM
> Nvidia 6200 w/component out and XvMC enabled.
> PVR-150 & HDhomerun
>
> Thanks!
>

> On 5/16/07, *Mitch Gore* <mitchell.gore at gmail.com
> <mailto:mitchell.gore at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Ill try the debugging.  Downgrading wont help because Myth was
>     doing the same thing when I used .20 so I upgraded to .21 hoping
>     the bug was fixed.
>
>     Mitchell
>
>     On 5/15/07, * Axel Thimm* <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net
>     <mailto:Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net>> wrote:
>
>         On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 07:55:52PM -0500, Mitch Gore wrote:
>         > is the rpm built in with --compile-type=debug?
>
>         Yes (the packages you mention, e.g. the 0.21 svn trunk packages in
>         bleeding).
>
>         > I really dont want to learn how to compile it myself :(
>
>         Well, the 0.21 svn trunk packages are intended for users
>         helping the
>         mythtv developers in testing the svn trunk code - they are not
>         really
>         intended to be used in production. OTOH many people find that they
>         work good enough in their environment that they switch even for
>         production, but that shouldn't divert from their true intended
>         use.
>
>         In a nutshell: If the svn trunk packages break you should either
>         downgrade to the stable series or help out in debugging the issue
>         which does include compiling yourself.
>
>         > Mitchell
>         >
>         > On 5/15/07, Michael T. Dean < mtdean at thirdcontact.com
>         <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>         > >
>         > >On 05/15/2007 08:37 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:
>         > >> Anyway, I have one problem left that is really
>         irritating.  For some
>         > >> reason at random times Myth will crash or
>         freeze.  Sometimes the
>         > >> backend or sometimes the frontend.  How do i go about
>         diagnosing
>         > >> this?  I have tried to look at the dmesg but how do in
>         know where too
>         > >> look in that huge file?  Also looked at mythbackend.log
>         but nothing
>         > >> sticks out, it just ends.
>         > >>
>         > >> I am running the ATrpm's Bleeding edge .21 package.  FC6
>         > >
>         > > http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2
> [...]

==
Ubuntu Edgy 6.10
MythTV SVN version below
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.7.0-2+2.6.17.1-10.34
HDHomerun
1GB RAM
500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
Library API version     : 0.20.20070327-1
Source code version     : 13427
Network Protocol Version: 34
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_libavc_5_3 using_dbox2 using_hdhr using_iptv using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend using_bindings_perl