[mythtv-users] Freezing..

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:08:07 UTC 2007

well i have started using gdb to start debugging.  While doing so i have
noticed some interesting behavior.

When watching live tv i am getting a ton of

NVP: prebuffering wait timed out 10 times.

They really show up when ever the OSD is on screen.  Then when it goes away
its fine for some random period of time.  The all the sudden the will come
back and freeze liveTV.  If i esc and start liveTV over again it works.
This only occurs on the HDHomeRun.

What is causing the pre-buffering?

Some specs on my system:
Intel p4 3.4Ghz
512RAM
Nvidia 6200 w/component out and XvMC enabled.
PVR-150 & HDhomerun

Thanks!