[mythtv-users] Feature request: Added "Delete and rerecord" to Playlist Options

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Thu May 17 17:31:47 UTC 2007

> On Thursday 17 May 2007, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>> A feature request to developers: Add "Delete and [permit] rerecord" as
>> a choice within mythfrontend's Playlist Options menu to complement the
>> existing "Delete."
>>
>> --
>
> How would that differ from the "Yes, and allow re-record" option that is
> already present?

    What I would like to see is a configuration option on the
recording rule to control what users see in the menu that pops
up after a recording finishes. The multiple options is a usability
problem for the non-admins. They can pick the wrong delete option.

     Also, there are some rules for which the delete menu should
not open at all (based on my rules).

     That popup should be configurable on a per rule basis so that
it doesn't show up for some shows and only one delete option is
available for others.

      Rule templates would also be handy. Define types of rules and
give the user the option of doing a sort of "create rule like"
operation so they don't have to enter every non-default option every
time a new rule is created.

...something else I might have mentioned (or not).

     Is the ability to differentiate between search types in the
rules so that you can create a more specific "record all" search
type if a matching rule already exists.

     If I have genre rules defined for Childrens, Action or Comedy
movies I still want to be able to add a new rule for "Van Damme".
The UI doesn't seem to allow that in some cases.