[mythtv-users] Keyboard/Remote only partially working in MythTV/View Live TV

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 01:32:28 UTC 2007

This is getting a bit more nuts:

When I go into a recorded video and go into "edit" mode on the keyboard
(hitting "E" the default key) the video stops and pauses...and i'm assuming
goes into edit mode.  I can then hit "Z" to load commercial cutpoints and
step through the thing with no problem, but I get NO overlay of a timeline.
Meaning I can't see what i'm doing.  So while I can step forward and
backward, page up and page down take me to cutpoints and all that, pressing
the up and down keys do change the ratio of how far I can step at a time...

I simply can't see what's going on.  The video is still there but none of
the on screen information shows up in any way.

When i'm in live TV however things are slightly different.  When I do things
like press the next channel / previus channel buttons there again is no
overlay that comes up with the channel...HOWEVER also when I press like
channel up and then select (which SHOULD change the channel) nothing
happens.  I can use the "exit" button to escape out of the live TV show.
However when I hit the menu button the On screen menu comes up with no
issues...so I don't know if that's different.

Can anyone think of any reason what-so-ever why the overlays for the channel
you're changing to or the info area at the bottom with channel, what's on,
signal strength/etc. won't come up?

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated, my wife is home in about a
week's time and if this isn't back working i'm going to get that "Gee, it
doesn't work again, i'm shocked" look that I hate so much...

--Doug