[mythtv-users] Anyone having problems connecting to Zap2it/Datadirect?

Azmat azmat.hussain at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:29:03 UTC 2007

Thanks for the advice.  It appears however that I'm already trying to
connect to the zap2it site on port 80 as I indicated from my
mythfilldatabase output:
Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com|206.18.98.160|:80...
failed: Connection timed out.
Retrying.

If I point my browser to http://labs.zap2it.com:80, there is still no
effect.  Also, I can connect to any other site on the internet, except
those owned by zap2it (zap2it.com, tvlistings.com).

However, I can connect to these sites from my windows laptop connected
to the same network.  The only difference is that my laptop is
wireless and my mythbox is wired.  I am behind my router's firewall,
but if my router setting were off, wouldn't I be blocked from more
websites and from both computers?

I checked my mythbox and the software firewall and SELinux are both
disabled.  I'm running Fedora Core 5 (sorry for not mentioning that
earlier).

Thanks again for the help.