[mythtv-users] MythTV as a DVD player

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:31:36 UTC 2007

> I also use Myth as a DVD player in all my front ends.  I find the internal
> player to be very unreliable, however.  The menu support is flakey at best
> and non-functional at worst.  It also likes to start eating memory and CPU
> about 75% through a movie.  I keep rotating between mplayer and xine...but
> I think I am using xine now.  It seems to have the most sane menu support
> of them all (though it still has issues) and uses much less CPU than the
> internal player.  I still don't quite have my LIRC mappings for xine
> sorted out right, either.

Same here. I love xine, but havnt figured out any of the keymappings
for LIRC yet. I'm using the internal player now, which is nice because
it acts just like watching live/recorded TV, but does get a little
flakey with DVDs on occasion. I will switch to xine as soon as I get
some free cycles to play with configuring it corrrectly.
-J