[mythtv-users] Scientific Atlanta 2100 IR port

Joe Maldonado joe.maldonado at gmail.com
Tue May 15 20:59:59 UTC 2007

On 5/15/07, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:

> Joe Maldonado wrote:
> > On 5/15/07, *Elanor* <jamina1 at gmail.com <mailto:jamina1 at gmail.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     But would it work? has anyone tried connecting up an SA2100 box
> >     like this?
> >     If connected directly into my card thru the IR port, would myth be
> >     able to change the channels on the cable box?
> >

> > The answer is most likely no, The reason being that this is a plug for
> > a transmitter, not a receiver for IR.  It would be interesting though
> > if it is just a serial port though given how set top manufacturer's
> > are I would not expect any unused HW to be included.
> Well, the SA box has an IR transmitter plug, and the PVR-150 has an IR
> receiver plug, so theoretically, if you join them, it should work. I
> have no idea if it would though, I'm sure someone else will give an
> explanation as to why. Cory Papenfuss would likely be able to say, one
> way or the other. If it did work, I could definitely use this feature...

Well Tom since the SA box can transmit and the PVR-150 can receive then the
SA box can issue instructions to the PVR-150, which is not exactly what you
would want, unless I'm misreading your message, it happens :).  what you'd
like is for the SA box to have a receiver and utilize the PVR-150's
transmitter so that you can issue commands to the SA box from your linux
machine.

Joe

--
Joe Maldonado