[mythtv-users] Scientific Atlanta 2100 IR port

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue May 15 20:46:22 UTC 2007

Joe Maldonado wrote:
> On 5/15/07, *Elanor* <jamina1 at gmail.com <mailto:jamina1 at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     But would it work? has anyone tried connecting up an SA2100 box
>     like this?
>     If connected directly into my card thru the IR port, would myth be
>     able to change the channels on the cable box?
>

> The answer is most likely no, The reason being that this is a plug for
> a transmitter, not a receiver for IR.  It would be interesting though
> if it is just a serial port though given how set top manufacturer's
> are I would not expect any unused HW to be included.
Well, the SA box has an IR transmitter plug, and the PVR-150 has an IR
receiver plug, so theoretically, if you join them, it should work. I
have no idea if it would though, I'm sure someone else will give an
explanation as to why. Cory Papenfuss would likely be able to say, one
way or the other. If it did work, I could definitely use this feature...

Tom