[mythtv-users] Root user mysql - accidental delete

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Mon May 14 00:48:51 UTC 2007

I'll keep this thread for future reference.

I did some extensive searching for answers and unfortunately I didn't
come up with the same solutions you guys did. The search works better
when you start with the correct verbaige "mysql reset root" vs "mysql
deleted root" or "mysql install root", etc. all I came up with were
how to change the password for root if you forgot...

Since re-installing did work and I do have a backup of mythconverg I
want to simply copy it into the /var/lib/mysql directory but wanted to
know how I can find out what version the schemas are? I was running
SVN 13284 and upgraded to 13443, any thoughts?

AJM,