[mythtv-users] Root user mysql - accidental delete

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 00:03:11 UTC 2007

You probably already have the answer to this but there is another way too.

If you've just installed the system and don't need the database the easiest
thing might by to go into your /var/lib/mysql directory and simply blow away
everything in there.  You would then run mysql_install_db and that would
re-generate/put back your base installation tables/users including
root at localhost.

--Douglas Wagner