[mythtv-users] usb->serial convert question

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Fri May 11 20:36:03 UTC 2007

> Are you sure your motherboard doesn't have any serial ports. Many
> boards today don't come with a port 'on the back', but DO have a
> serial header port. Check your manual for any serial port headers. (I
> use the serial header with my serial IR receiver, which HAS to have
> proper serial, not a USB->Serial converter)

thanks for the reply.  I'm almost 100% sure there is no serial port, even
one only on the MB.  I'll double check again tonight when I get home, but
the manual doesn't mention one nor do I see config options for one in the
bios.

But, even if I can find one, I need to control two STBs so....  ;)

Thanks again