[mythtv-users] SA3250HD Firewire -- A New User's Findings

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri May 11 13:41:42 UTC 2007

On 4/28/07, Benton Roberts <benton at panix.com> wrote:
> (part one - the zero-file-length issue)
> <snip>
> * Source code for the modified sa3250ch channel changer:
> http://bentonroberts.com/personal/media-server/code/sa3250ch-BR.c
>
> * Tuner shell script invoked from MythTV, which calls sa3250ch with the
> -p parameter:
> http://bentonroberts.com/personal/media-server/code/mySA3250change.sh

Benton,
I finally had a chance to put your modified sa3250ch-BR into action
last night even though I'm running Myth SVN (atrpms-bleeding).  I set
up your mySA3250change.sh as the external channel changer after some
manual test runs.  I ended up copying the "reset bus" loop into the
bottom section where you set the new channel and then test that it
worked.  I found that sometimes it would get through the first loop
after setting the channel to a known-clear channel, then reset the bus
and firewire_tester would work.  Then it would change the channel,
firewire_tester would fail and it would exit.

Before doing this, I removed all tuners and added Firewire first (both
3250's); then I added my PVR-500 tuners.  When I try to watch TV,
nothing displays except the OSD for a few seconds and it says "Lock".
Before using your channel changing script, I would only get "Partial
Lock".

I hope to narrow down the video problems further, but thanks for the
nice scripts.

/Brian/