[mythtv-users] More stupid user questions (HD Content && multiple tuners)

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Fri May 11 13:23:29 UTC 2007

At least, now my questions are getting easier, no?  But, they're still
kinda strange and non FAQ-ish.

First, my setup:

HDHomeRun with one tuner on broadcast (terrible reception), and one
tuner on Cable (great quality, some channels missing)
Two analog tuners
Firewire to a STB (with a S-Video backup -- just in case)

Here's my issues.  There are several programs that I want to get highdef
recordings of.  And, I want them to use the highdef tuners in a
particular order of preference:
HdHomerun - cable
Firewire
HdHomerun - Antenna

I have set the input preferences to reflect this -- but -- now for all
non-hd programming, I have to manually enter a tuner preference for
every listing.  (i.e. Simpsons, Stargate, etc, I assign to one of the
analog tuners).

Is there any easy way to have myth figure out, Hey -- this is HD content
-- let's let it prefer a HD channel?

--

David Frascone

                         He who laughs last is S-L-O-W.