[mythtv-users] mythfrontend floods .xsessions-error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 10 18:27:05 UTC 2007

On 05/10/2007 02:04 PM, Juergen Sachs wrote:
> But I think it will now flood the mythlogfile specified.
> But then I will try to save some of the content.

If you run mythfrontend at the default log level, it will not "flood"
the log file.  I get less than 150KiB in 3 days.

If you are running at the default log level and mythfrontend is flooding
the log file, there's a problem with your mythtv installation that needs
fixed.  If that's the case, we would need to see the log to help out.

If, instead (and this is what I think may happen), you use an approach
like I recommended (mythfrontend -l /path/to/logfile) without an exec
and your .xsession-errors is still getting flooded, you have a problem
with your X installation and you'll need to ask about it on your
distro's fora/mailing lists.

Mike