[mythtv-users] Broad Address for eth0

Raymond Chiu coronabeach at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:52:16 UTC 2007

This is my first posting: I hope I have done this right.

I am installing KnoppMyth with a Hauppage dual tuner card on a Dell
Dimension 4100.  Setup is asking me to enter a 'Broadcast Address' for eth0.
I am not sure what this should be.  I thought I assigned the Ethernet port
(in a previous dialogue box) to 192.168.2.44.

My intent was to:

1)       assign the NIC to 192.168.2.20

2)       assign the router \ gateway as 192.168.2.44

3)       mask set as 255.255.255.0

Is the 'Broadcast Address' any of the numbered line items above or something
else?  Any guidance \ explanation is appreciated.