[mythtv-users] internal player doesnt always start

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:17:11 UTC 2007

On 09/05/07, mark klarer <m.klarer at insightbb.com> wrote:

> FYI:
> If anyone has this problem, my system now works great. Maybe try some
> things like this will fix. When I try to play a recording its starts almost
> instantly now.
>
> How did I fix it? Dont know, but I had 3 tuners in my system:
>
> hauppauge 150
> hauppauge 500
>
> I set my hauppauge 150 default input from tuner to s-video so I can play
> movies from my 400 dvd carousel to my remote front ends. I also changed a
> few other things like made a new video source for s-video and removed cable
> as the input for the 150. (effectively going from 3 tuners in 2 cards to
> just 2 in the 500)
>
> I also installed mythdvd, mythvideo, mythweather, mythmusic.
>
> Then it worked perfectly. ???

Sounds like when playback of recordings was not working, you had
misconfigured video playback that MythTV could not use for accelerated
video. By reconfiguring your system, you have cleared this problem and
ended up with a system working how you want it :)

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/