[mythtv-users] MythArchive execution time?

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed May 9 00:41:56 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Craig Huff <huffcs at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From what I can see with the disk activity light and top, it seems to be CPU
> bound more than anything.  Is there anything I should look at (besides
> upgrading to a faster CPU)?

I would agree that the CPU is the only limiting factor when it comes
to encoding video/audio (especially when you're enabling
higher-quality video encoding).  I encode most of my videos using
mencoder and the x264 codec.  Even on my P4 2.8GHz CPU it encodes at
only 15 - 16 fps when set to the highest possible encoding quality.