[mythtv-users] Scheduled recordings dropping first digit, of channel number

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:04:17 UTC 2007

On 07/05/07, Gary <gwgrover at windstream.net> wrote:
> On 05/07/2007 11:11 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Frequently , a  scheduled recording, records the wrong channel.
> > I have Dish network satellite with the JVC satellite receiver. The
> > satellite receiver is controlled by an ir-blaster connected to a serial
> > port.
> >
> > It looks like, at times, the first digit of a three digit channel number
> > it dropped. For instance, the movie is on channel 139; only the "39" is
> > received by the satellite receiver; there is no channel 39 - the next
> > higher available channel is 43, channel 43 is what is recorded.
> > How can I correct this?
> Mike:  The lircd conf I am using is the one you referenced.
> The problem has been happening since I started scheduling recordings,
> It just recently dawned on me what was occurring. Now all I need to know
> is how to correct it.


You might want to experiment with varying the sleep length in-between
successive irsends, and perhaps also add a small sleep before any LIRC
activity in your channel change script. I did this and noticed a more
solid response from my cable box (old and new replacement). I'm using
a 1s sleep before any transmission, and a 0.8s wait between successive
digits. I now only see very infrequent dropped digits, but this
clearly depends on your system, kernel, IR transmitter, cable box, and
to some degree, good fortune.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive:

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list