[mythtv-users] Can RS 15-2116 remote emulate MCE remote?

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Mon May 7 05:53:43 UTC 2007

I am using the mce usb IR receiver with mythtv.  It works great with the
mce remote (I have this one:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Image:MCE-Remote-2-alt.jpg ) and
the lirc_mceusb2 module.

I want to program my Radio Shack 15-2116 remote to emulate the mce
remote.  I couldn't find a 4-digit device code for the mce remote, so I
put the 15-2116 in learning mode and started teaching it.  But after
about 15 keys it says "MEM FULL" - I can't program all the keys.  This
is the case even if I clear the 2116 back to factory defaults and start
over.

Is there a device code for the Microsoft MCE 1039 remote that I can
enter into my 15-2116?  If not, is there another way to program the
15-2116 to emulate the mce remote?

Thanks.