[mythtv-users] Toshiba Renza 42LX196 Modeline

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri May 4 19:31:53 UTC 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Melvin J. Cureton wrote:

> I am using the above LCD TV and am trying to get 1080p working over
> HDMI.

I could never get 1080p to work over HDMI on my Westinghouse 42"
display but DVI has always been fine. My solution was to use DVI. :)
I tried again with my PS3 and had the same results. It would only
auto-detect 1080i. So I forced 1080p over HDMI. I did get a picture
but had dropouts relatively often. Not fun to play a game with a
black screen for a couple of seconds every couple of minutes. Now I'm
back to 1080i until I get a component cable for the PS3. I think the
lesson here is that either TV's don't expect 1080p over HDMI or the
$60 HDMI cable I bought isn't high enough quality to maintain a signal.