[mythtv-users] MythArchive errors out with dvdauthor

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:21:14 UTC 2007

I've found a few minor things on google about this, but nothing that's
been able to point me in the right direction.  I'm getting the
following in my archive log:

Creating DVD XML file for dvd author
Menu page 1
aspect ratio is: 1.33333
aspect ratio is: 1.33333
Video length is 13596 seconds. Each chapter will be 1699 seconds
Total size of video files, before multiplexing, is 9725 Mbytes, audio
is 311 MBytes, menus are 7 MBytes.
Need to shrink MPEG2 video files to fit onto recordable DVD, video is
6047.25 MBytes too big.
Need to scale by 2.45226945245
tcrequant /var/lib/mythdvd/temp/work/1/stream.mv2
/var/lib/mythdvd/temp/work/1/video.small.m2v 2.45226945245
[tcrequant] MPEG2 Requantiser by Makira.
[tcrequant] Using 2.452270 as factor.
Total DVD size AFTER TCREQUANT is 4908.6 MBytes
Multiplexing MPEG stream to /var/lib/mythdvd/temp/work/1/final.mpg
Using sync offset is disabled - it would be 13ms
Available streams - video and one audio stream
Multiplex started PID=29976
Starting dvdauthor
DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.11.
Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: Locale=en_US.UTF-8
INFO: Converting filenames to UTF-8
INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
STAT: Picking VTS 01

STAT: Processing /var/lib/mythdvd/temp/work/chaptermenu-1.mpg...
STAT: VOBU 16 at 4MB, 1 PGCS
INFO: Video pts = 0.178 .. 10.154
INFO: Audio[0] pts = 0.178 .. 10.290
INFO: Audio[32] pts = 0.178 .. 0.178
STAT: VOBU 20 at 6MB, 1 PGCS
INFO: Generating VTSM with the following video attributes:
INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
INFO: TV standard: ntsc
INFO: Aspect ratio: 4:3
INFO: Resolution: 720x480
INFO: Audio ch 0 format: ac3/2ch, 48khz drc

STAT: Processing /var/lib/mythdvd/temp/work/1/final.mpg...
WARN: Video PTS does not line up on a multiple of a field.

INFO: Video pts = 0.178 .. 6798.447
INFO: Audio[0] pts = 0.244 .. 13596.628
STAT: VOBU 27167 at 4817MB, 1 PGCS
WARN: GOP is not closed on cell 1 of source
/var/lib/mythdvd/temp/work/1/final.mpg of pgc 1
INFO: Generating VTS with the following video attributes:
INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
INFO: TV standard: ntsc
INFO: Aspect ratio: 4:3
INFO: Resolution: 720x480
INFO: Audio ch 0 format: ac3/2ch, 48khz drc

ERR:  Cannot jump to chapter 6 of title 1, only 5 exist
ERR:  in VTSM pgc 0, button 6
ERROR: Failed while running dvdauthor. Result: 1