[mythtv-users] problem with tuner cards losing signal

Doug Holman doug.holman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 20:51:40 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've had my mythbox up and running for over a year now, but just recently
I've run into a problem with my tuner cards (a pair of hauppauge pvr-150s).
They have started to output snow.  My first thought was that the cards got
fried.  But interestingly enough, if I run mythtv-setup and delete the card
configuration, and then re-add it, viola, no more snow, just a nice clear
picture.  Unfortunately, after a few hours to a few days, they go back to
outputting snow.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It doesn't seem to be a
hardware problem, but I haven't changed any software either. Any ideas what
the problem is?

Thanks,
Doug