[mythtv-users] nvram-wakeup and utc

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 20:35:21 UTC 2007

nvram-wakeup declined to set a wake up time for my backend because it said:

'Wake Up time must be at least 10 minutes in the future'

As I understand it, when using UTC the hardware clock stays at GMT and
the wakeup time therefore needs to be converted to GMT, which
nvram-wakeup automagically does.

However it appears that, when this conversion produces a time in the
past, compared to localtime (which it can legitimately do),  then
nvram-wakeup chokes on it.

Have I understood this right?

Is the fix to not use UTC?

This has led to only the second recording I've missed in 18 months,
and the first was because I turned my antenna amp off by mistake.

I'm in the UK so am at most 1 hour ahead of GMT, which is probably why
this is the first time I've come across this.  What about those of you
who are several hours ahead?