[mythtv-users] Matching up Videosource channels to "real" channels

Derek Conniffe derek at wicklowbroadband.com
Fri Mar 30 23:20:56 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem - I'm sure that its just that I haven't copped on to
the answer yet - its this: -

I'm tuning in both DVB-T and DVB-S channels - working great.  I used the
EIT guides but these are not very good (especially on DVB-S).

So I made two Radiotimes videosources - each with the channels that I want
guides for.

Then I put the XMLID of the channels that I want the guides for into the
XMLID of the "real" (tuner) channels and I made the "not real" channels
hidden - all this via the MythWeb channel editor.  I also changed the
Videosources to the Radiotimes videosources in the MythTv-Setup menus.

But... the channels were gone in myth!  So I went in and changed the
videosources for the DVB tuners back to the EIT ones and the channels were
back again.

So... What I don't understand yet is what is the easy way to link the
Videosource based "channels" to the "real" tuner channels?

thanks for any help!

Derek Conniffe
Wicklow Broadband Ltd, Delgany, Co. Wicklow
Main Line: 01 488 0800
Fax: 01 488 0801
Mobile: 086 856 3823
Web: www.wicklowbroadband.com
Email: derek at wicklowbroadband.com

Note: For help with your existing WicklowBroadband installation please
email support at wicklowbroadband.com - for new installations please email
sales at wicklowbroadband.com