[mythtv-users] Moving

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:17:47 UTC 2007

On 3/28/07, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to be moving soon and I was just starting to think about how this
> will change things on my myth box.
>
> Obvouslily i will be creating new channel line-ups.  How will this effect
> things?
>
> I anticipate i will have to redo my recording schedules that are "record
> anytime on channel XXXX" but what about my recordings?  how will those work?
>

> Just wondering if there are any GOTCHA's with the process.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

Yea, I just went through this as well.  I wouldn't say it was hard,
but it was still sort of a pain (read: manual process).

You don't HAVE to delete your recording schedules, but it might be
just as easy to do so.  The way I did it was very convoluted and I
don't think I could even explain the only way I could get it to work
for channel specific rules.  Basically... I had to go into the
priorities screen, switch it to "any channel" then go to show
upcomming episodes for this title, then hit the info button on the
correct channel I wanted and select "edit options" then I would have
to select "this channel only", then save in THAT screen, then escape
all the way back without saving the initial entry point to the rule...
YES, that was the only way I could accomplish changing channel only
rules - not really user friendly or intuitive.  You could just be lazy
and switch all your channel only rules to "record on any channel" and
be done with it, but I'm lazy.

Also, like some other folks said, just delete your old sources and add
your new ones.  Also, some of my old recordings now assign the old
channel number with the new channel numbers so almost all of my
existing stored recordings say they were recorded on a different
network (new lineups) rather than referings the old lineups.

Thanks!
Matt