[mythtv-users] Slave Backend

Tony Baca cfr131 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:06:22 UTC 2007

On 3/28/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/28/2007 08:05 PM, Tony Baca wrote:
> > Trying to setup a slave backend.  One of the tasks is to use it for
> > transcoding and commercial detection.  I set it up and mapped the
> > master backend recording directory to the slave via NFS.  The slave
> > started a commercial detection and hung at 100%.  I finally restarted
> > the slave but now when I start the slave backend it quits with the
> > following error:
> >
> > MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_MAX_BITRATE) Unknown encoder: 7, exiting
> Deja vu...
> A fish:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/260311#260311
> How to fish:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
> And the post I gave you is from the most-recent (Sort by post date)
> thread containing the words "unknown encoder".
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

I did search, but I included the "GET_MAX_BITRATE" and it turned up
nothing.  I should have thought to open my search more and look for
the more generic error.

Thanks for the pointer and lesson in searching.

Still learning,


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list